Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some evidence for existence of bad luck

So, as a school district employee, I have a login and password to use the computer and check email and such. Last year, about halfway through the semester, the district realized that I had stopped working for them about three years prior and cut off my access without realizing that I had started working there again. So, I had to find the IT guy, get him to figure out what had happened, and get him to fix it. Then, a few days later I realized I wasn't getting as many emails as usual(try almost none actually) and I had to contact him again. Seems I had also been removed from the mass email lists for the school.

Well, sometime during the summer the district disabled me again. We don't know why this time, they just did. So, I had to find him again and get him to fix it again. I also have to get him to fix the email problem again. This was yesterday.

Today we discovered that, according to the district, I do not work on Fridays. Which is news to every one of us. I was ok with that of course, as long as my paycheck doesn't get screwed up...but of course the school wants to make sure that little glitch gets fixed.

Also, I woke up about 40 minutes later than I intended to today because I assumed my alarm was set since I had set it for the day before and I had forgotten how my phone alarm works. Luckily, I still managed to leave about five minutes early for work. Unluckily the traffic in front of the high school that I have to pass to get to my high school caused me to be ten minutes late. Why in the world should it take 15 minutes to drive a mile just because of student drop offs? Plain ridiculous.

Enough evidence? I happen to think so...Just another day in the life of a nerdy girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The link worked. I found it. Wonderful blog.

Barbara