Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nerdy Girl's favorite shows

Yeah. So, for the most part, I like my television to have a little bit of intellect. "How does a television show have intellect," you may ask. Well, it's in the dialogue. I'd like a show to tease me, maybe educate me, and definitely amuse me mostly by using strong dialogue. Oh sure I like a little visual humor also, but usually I get that from facial expressions.

Given this info, you shouldn't be surprised to discover that my current favorite show is The Big Bang Theory. What? You are surprised? OH, cause you've never heard of the show. I get it. Well it is on CBS, if it is coming back, that is. It stars four male nerds and a social chick. The best thing about her? She's definitely not dumb, even though the guys might think so at times. So, while she's schooling them on social etiquette from time to time, she's not doing it as a dumb blond playboy bunny. She's realistic and down to earth.

Anywhozle, the point was that the humor of this show is mostly in the interplay between the characters. They use big words, discuss physics theorems, and play high-tech video games in a way that keeps me rolling. It's a feast for the mind!

I also love the following: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly(all three of those were created by the genius: Joss Whedon), Friends, Psych, Gilmore Girls, and Freaks and Geeks.

There are other shows that I enjoy off and on...but they never have staying power, mostly because they end up dragging out the drama and ticking me off.

But the ones I love are definitely shows I'll watch again and again. I own some of them on DVD and fully intend to get the rest!

1 comment: