Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nerdy Girl gets swirly

Everyone has an Achilles' heel; a special weakness if you will. I am definitely not exempt from that. If we consider my klutziness and bad luck just a cross to bear, then we can consider a sense of "not knowing" my Achilles' heel. It drives me absolutely bonkers when there is something that I do not know.

If I don't know what my schedule will be for the coming day, week, or month, for example, then I spend the entirety of the time until I find out, agonizing over the missing information. Sometimes there is a series of related things that I do not know, and therefore I am unable to plan. This sends me into a brain swirl.

By brain swirl, I mean that all the different questions start to rotate in and out of complete focus in my mind at an ever quickening pace until I begin to feel dizzy. Once this starts I can no more stop it, than I can slow down a tornado. The loss of control over my brain only adds to my feeling of a lack of control in the first place.

Sometimes the over-active brain of a nerdy girl can be quite a drawback!

No comments: